Submitted by Twin City Plastic Surgery
We are often asked, “What is the secret to eternal youth?” Unfortunately, cosmetic procedures aren’t it.
As bitter a pill to swallow as it may be, everyone grows old. Worry lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet, sagging skin, eye bags, and so on — all are inevitable in the long run. There is a misconception that plastic surgery is the key to eternal youth. Truth be told, plastic surgery won’t reverse or slow the aging process, though certain procedures and products can definitely help you to look younger. And we know that self-esteem and confidence are closely tied to one’s perception of their appearance.
The key to holding onto youth lies in caring for what Mother Nature gave you in the first place. Here are some tips on how to take care of your skin and body:
- Moisturize – the skin across your body needs to be constantly moisturized. There are a lot of products that helps you moisturize your skin, but nothing beats a genuinely gentle all-natural crème or lotion.
- Drink lots of water – our body is made up almost entirely of water, so to maintain a healthy body (and of course, skin) experts recommend two or more liters of fresh water daily.
- Stop bad habits – any bad habit, be it drinking alcohol or smoking tobacco, is bad for your health and will abuse your youthful looks. Kick the habits and live a healthy life.
- Get lots of sleep – your body is like any other piece of machinery and keeping it constantly running is not a good idea. You need to give it rest, and lots of it, to ensure it is in top form all the time.
- Eat Healthy – your body needs to be fed correctly in order to reach its peak. Eat lots of vegetables, fruits, and fiber to keep skin looking young and fresh.
- Cover it up – constant exposure to sunlight means a harmful dose of UV rays. Don’t let your skin become dry and damaged by the sun.
There are so many products and services available for improving the look of your skin that it can be overwhelming. You don’t want to waste money on something that may not give you the results you want. That’s why it’s a good idea to consult with a skin care professional who can evaluate your skin, recommend the proper at-home products, and provide professional services so your skin will look and feel smooth, healthy and radiant.